As Simple As Possible, As Complex As Necessary is a blog focused on exploring the balance between simplicity and complexity, in particular as it relates to the development of web systems with CFML.
- The simplicity of "upward" relative component paths in LuceeLucee allows you to instantiate cfcs above the current location without a mapping
- Revised CFML client library for the GoCardless Direct Debit APIAnnouncing a revised CFML client library for interacting with the GoCardless Pro Direct Debit API
- Preventing invalid cookie errors being logged when making Lucee http callsHow to stop your Lucee/Tomcat logs filling up with "invalid cookie header" entries from http calls
- Empower your users with spreadsheetsDatabase servers make excellent progammable data stores, but unless you're a programmer or DBA they can be disempowering.
- Manually connecting Lucee to an IIS websiteIf you only need Lucee to run some of your IIS websites, connecting them up manually one by one is a fairly straightforward option.
- How to force Firefox to download mp3 filesBy default Firefox (on Windows at least) will play mp3 files using an embedded player. Here's how to force it to download them instead.
- Simpler and (ever so) slightly faster looping in Lucee cfscriptMoving to the simpler, more expressive loop script syntax in Lucee brings an unexpected, albeit tiny, performance gain.
- Lucee Spreadsheet Library: How to populate multiple sheets from separate queriesHow to use the Lucee Spreadsheet library to create a spreadsheet containing multiple sheets each populated from a query.
- String concatenation in LuceeBuilding strings in Lucee 4.5 using arrays seems to be slower than ColdFusion 9. Java may be best where performance matters.
- Average Request Time: Lucee 4.5 vs ColdFusion 9Running on the same server, Lucee 4.5 appears to process requests around twice as fast as ColdFusion9 on average.