- Simpler and (ever so) slightly faster looping in Lucee cfscript
Moving to the simpler, more expressive loop script syntax in Lucee brings an unexpected, albeit tiny, performance gain.
- The simplicity of Lucee
How Lucee is making my code simpler compared to ColdFusion 9
- The unnecessary complexity of required registration when buying online
The one flaw in GoCardless's otherwise excellent service is that customers are forced to create an account before they can pay.
- The simplicity of GoCardless
GoCardless offers UK small businesses and organisations a modern service for taking payments online via Direct Debit. Integrate with their API easily with a new CFML client library.
- The simplicity of Adaptive Images
A new CFML version of the server-side solution to automatically create, cache, and deliver device-appropriate versions of your website's images.
- Too simple? Flat UI forms
The current vogue for ultra simplicity in web design is generally welcome, but sometimes borders, gradients and drop-shadows are necessary.
- Simpler param syntax in cfscript
An apparently undocumented way of writing cfparam equivalents in script is both simpler and more consistent (via Adam Cameron and Sean Corfield).
- Too simple? USB power charging
Being able to charge your smartphone or other device using any standard micro USB cable is convenient, but introduces a security risk.
- Too simple? Contactless payment cards
Are RFID payment cards that don't require authentication or confirmation an example of technology that is too simple?
- A simpler way of converting a query column to an array in ColdFusion
How to convert a query column to an array using built-in functions rather than looping.
- (Much) Simpler disabling of HTML5 form validation to test server-side checks
How I got 19 lines of jQuery down to zero.
- The simplicity of plain text emails
Clients love the benefits of HTML emails. But plain text may be more effective.
- The simplicity of Rachel Andrew's "boilerplate"
Beware introducing unnecessary complexity by relying on front-end "starting point" packages
- Code Simplicity by Max Kanat-Alexander
Review of Code Simplicity by Max Kanat-Alexander (O'Reilly, 2012)
- Too simple
You can overdo simplicity by removing control where users expect it.
- The simplicity of LESS CSS with CfStatic
- Simplicity and clutter
Simplicity is not about "clean", sparse designs. It's about including what's necessary and excluding what's not.
- Simpler link building in FW/1
FW/1 now supports relative sections when using the buildUrl() API method, meaning less code and easier renaming
- The simplicity of CfStatic
CfStatic is a brilliant tool for managing your static CSS and JS files and improving page loading times.
- The simplicity of forgiving web forms
Simplify your web forms by making your code take responsibility for formatting the data as far as possible.
- Achieving simplicity through double duty
An example of how one component of an everyday kitchen appliance simplifies the design by performing two functions simultaneously.
- Simple and Usable by Giles Colborne
Review of "Simple and Usable: web, mobile, and interaction design" by Giles Colborne
- The simplicity of FW/1
Moving from Fusebox to FW/1 has brought a number of benefits. The latest update makes switching even more compelling.
- The simplicity of roundabouts
UK-style roundabouts are a simple and effective way of managing complex road intersections.
- Simpler optional cfarguments
For optional cfarguments, there is no need to use required="false". Also defaults will make required arguments optional.
- The simplicity of jQuery style generic getters and setters in ColdFusion Part 3
Final post on making generic getters and setters in ColdFusion work like jQuery: further refinements - bulk setting and ensuring NULLs for ORM
- The simplicity of jQuery style generic getters and setters in ColdFusion Part 2
Second of three posts on making generic getters and setters in ColdFusion work like jQuery: improving the technique in CF9
- The simplicity of jQuery style generic getters and setters in ColdFusion Part 1
First of three posts on making generic getters and setters in ColdFusion work like jQuery's x() and x(value).
- The simplicity and complexity of ORM
Does Object Relational Mapping add simplicity or complexity? A newbie's perspective.
- The simplicity of progressive enhancement
Great explanation by Paul Boag of why it's not worth trying to make design/CSS features work in browsers that don't support them.
- The simplicity of HTML5
Aspects of HTML5 which can make your mark-up and code simpler.
- The simplicity of baked blogs
If you don't need runtime dynamic elements on your blog, consider "baking" it as html.
- Simpler Company Tax Return filing
Electronic submission of UK company accounts has simplified the process
- The simplicity of ColdFusion 9 Part 2
More of my favourite code-simplifying new features in CF9.
- Simpler SSL switching with protocol-relative URLs
Use protocol-relative URLs to avoid having to detect SSL.
- The simplicity of ColdFusion 9 Part 1
Features of ColdFusion 9 which allow you to write simpler code than in previous versions.
- The simplicity of modern washing machines
Modern washing machines are apparently getting simpler. Is this a good thing?