- The unnecessary complexity of required registration when buying online
The one flaw in GoCardless's otherwise excellent service is that customers are forced to create an account before they can pay.
- The simplicity of Adaptive Images
A new CFML version of the server-side solution to automatically create, cache, and deliver device-appropriate versions of your website's images.
- Too simple? Flat UI forms
The current vogue for ultra simplicity in web design is generally welcome, but sometimes borders, gradients and drop-shadows are necessary.
- The simplicity of plain text emails
Clients love the benefits of HTML emails. But plain text may be more effective.
- The simplicity of Rachel Andrew's "boilerplate"
Beware introducing unnecessary complexity by relying on front-end "starting point" packages
- Too simple
You can overdo simplicity by removing control where users expect it.
- Simplicity and clutter
Simplicity is not about "clean", sparse designs. It's about including what's necessary and excluding what's not.
- The simplicity of forgiving web forms
Simplify your web forms by making your code take responsibility for formatting the data as far as possible.
- Simple and Usable by Giles Colborne
Review of "Simple and Usable: web, mobile, and interaction design" by Giles Colborne
- The simplicity of progressive enhancement
Great explanation by Paul Boag of why it's not worth trying to make design/CSS features work in browsers that don't support them.