- Migrating from ColdFusion to Railo to Lucee
Having recently moved to Railo from ColdFusion 9, switching to Lucee has proved mercifully straightforward, despite continuing issues with ORM.
- Migrating from ColdFusion to Railo Part 6: More ORM issues
Further notes on issues and workarounds when migrating apps from Adobe ColdFusion 9 to Railo 4.2
- Fixing a strange Ehcache issue in CF9
How to fix the "net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: error setting options" issue in ColdFusion 9
- ColdFusion ORM quirks: removing one-to-many children
Removing individual one-to-many child objects from a parent ORM entity is straightforward. But if you want to remove several or all at once, things are a bit trickier.
- ColdFusion ORM quirks: ordering one-to-many children via a link table
First in a series on minor aspects of CF ORM which have tripped me up.
- Saving IP addresses as integers with ColdFusion ORM and MySQL
Storing IP addresses as integers is easy with direct MySQL statements, but how to do it via ORM?
- ORM related entities in different databases
CF9.0.1 supports ORM entities with different data sources, but not relationships between them apparently. Here's a workaround.
- ColdFusion ORM by John Whish
Review of "ColdFusion ORM: A guide to developing applications using ColdFusion ORM" by John Whish
- The simplicity of jQuery style generic getters and setters in ColdFusion Part 3
Final post on making generic getters and setters in ColdFusion work like jQuery: further refinements - bulk setting and ensuring NULLs for ORM
- HQL SELECT clauses: watch out for whitespace characters
In ACF ORM, HQL SELECT clauses containing tabs or new line characters will cause an exception
- Using <cfproperty> to create default CFC property values
How to set default component property values using CFPROPERTY without enabling ORM
- The simplicity and complexity of ORM
Does Object Relational Mapping add simplicity or complexity? A newbie's perspective.