- (Much) Simpler disabling of HTML5 form validation to test server-side checks
How I got 19 lines of jQuery down to zero.
- Removing analytics clutter from campaign URLs
How to clean up URLs by removing Google Analytics campaign tracking parameters once they've done their job.
- The bad UX of Google Analytics cross-domain link handlers
- Simple disabling of HTML5 form validation to test server-side checks
Client-side form validation needs to be disabled temporarily when testing server-side input rules. Some simple jQuery can handle this when using the new HTML5 validation attributes.
- The simplicity of Rachel Andrew's "boilerplate"
Beware introducing unnecessary complexity by relying on front-end "starting point" packages
- Simpler handling of JSON serialised ColdFusion query objects
Steve "Cutter" Blades has come up with a great way of dealing with the compact but quirky JSON ColdFusion returns when serialising query objects.
- Note to self: Use the protocol-relative URL for html5shiv
If using the html5shiv hosted on Google Code for a secure site, make sure you use the protocol-relative form of the URL.
- The simplicity of LESS CSS with CfStatic
- The simplicity of CfStatic
CfStatic is a brilliant tool for managing your static CSS and JS files and improving page loading times.
- Integrated search for a static website Part 2
Implementing a ColdFusion/Solr driven search function on a static html blog.
- Integrated search for a static website Part 1
My quest for an integrated search function for my "baked" (static html) blog.
- The simplicity of progressive enhancement
Great explanation by Paul Boag of why it's not worth trying to make design/CSS features work in browsers that don't support them.
- The simplicity of HTML5
Aspects of HTML5 which can make your mark-up and code simpler.
- Simpler SSL switching with protocol-relative URLs
Use protocol-relative URLs to avoid having to detect SSL.