- Writing CSV with CFML
The Spreadsheet CFML library now has improved support for creating CSV from your data
- Reading large CSV files with CFML
The Spreadsheet CFML library now supports fast, memory efficient CSV file processing
- Adding validation drop-downs to your spreadsheets with CFML
The Spreadsheet CFML library now supports adding validation drop-downs to cells programmatically.
- Reading large spreadsheets with Lucee
The Spreadsheet CFML library now supports reading large spreadsheets via streaming.
- Fixing problems using spreadsheet-CFML on Linux
Out of the box, some Linux builds are missing components needed to generate spreadsheets.
- The simplicity of chaining calls in Spreadsheet CFML
The latest version of Spreadsheet CFML allows you to chain method calls for simpler, more expressive code.
- Lucee Spreadsheet is now Spreadsheet CFML
The library has long supported Adobe ColdFusion but the new renamed version makes clear it supports ACF as well as Lucee.
- Generating large spreadsheets more efficiently using SXSSF
Creating large spreadsheets can be resource intensive and lead to timeouts or out-of-memory errors. POI's "streaming XML" (SXSSF) format can address this problem.
- Empower your users with spreadsheets
Database servers make excellent progammable data stores, but unless you're a programmer or DBA they can be disempowering.
- Lucee Spreadsheet Library: How to populate multiple sheets from separate queries
How to use the Lucee Spreadsheet library to create a spreadsheet containing multiple sheets each populated from a query.
- An alternative way of working with spreadsheets in Lucee
Implementing spreadsheet functionality in Lucee using the old Railo extension is more complex than I'd like, so I've re-written it as a standalone library.
- Migrating from ColdFusion to Railo Part 2: Spreadsheets
Spreadsheet functionality can be made work in Railo, but it seems you have to jump through some hoops.
- Faster spreadsheet generation from queries in ColdFusion
Stop using SpreadsheetAddRows() to populate spreadsheets from queries. The cfspreadsheet tag does it much faster.
- Workaround for SpreadSheetAddRow() limitation when column values contain commas
SpreadSheetAddRow() uses commas to delimit the column values of the row so can't be used to add data that contains commas. Here's a workaround.
- Forcing values to be inserted into spreadsheets as text
How to make sure values which could be interpreted as numbers are inserted as text when populating a spreadsheet.