As Simple As Possible, As Complex As Necessary is a blog focused on exploring the balance between simplicity and complexity, in particular as it relates to the development of web systems with CFML.
- Forcing Lucee to re-check the physical paths of application defined mappings without a restartIf the physical path of a mapping is missing when an application starts, an incorrect value will be cached for the life of the server. Here's how to force Lucee to re-evaluate mapping paths without a restart.
- Loading java libraries dynamically in Lucee (without JavaLoader)JavaLoader is no longer the only way to load third-party java libraries in Lucee dynamically and without fear of class clashes.
- Generating large spreadsheets more efficiently using SXSSFCreating large spreadsheets can be resource intensive and lead to timeouts or out-of-memory errors. POI's "streaming XML" (SXSSF) format can address this problem.
- Using Lucee's simple parallel processing appropriatelyLucee 5 makes it really easy to execute loop iterations in parallel. But not all loop operations will benefit, and the approach needs to be applied with care.
- Uploading files via a Taffy REST API in CFMLUsing multipart forms isn't the only, or necessarily the best way of uploading files, especially when doing so via a REST API.
- Getting started with Elasticsearch using Lucee Part 2A basic introduction to querying an Elasticsearch index using Lucee CFML
- Getting started with Elasticsearch using Lucee Part 1A basic introduction to setting up an Elasticsearch index using Lucee CFML
- Replacing Query-of-Query in Lucee with simpler, faster alternativesQuery-of-Query seems useful because the SQL syntax is familiar. But it's known to be slow, and there are better alternatives.
- CFML: Sorting an array of objects by a specific propertyHow to take an array of CFML objects and sort it by a specific property of the object
- Lucee 5: simpler queryparam syntax for SQL IN conditionsIn Lucee 5 you can directly pass an array of values as a SQL query parameter