As Simple As Possible, As Complex As Necessary is an occasional blog on the development of web systems with CFML.
- Writing CSV with CFMLThe Spreadsheet CFML library now has improved support for creating CSV from your data
- Reading large CSV files with CFMLThe Spreadsheet CFML library now supports fast, memory efficient CSV file processing
- Simpler Bootstrap accordionsVertically collapsing accordion UI components are simple to implement these days using native HTML.
- Accessing Azure MariaDB server with NavicatDatabase client Navicat doesn't seem to recognize MariaDB servers hosted on Azure.
- Adding validation drop-downs to your spreadsheets with CFMLThe Spreadsheet CFML library now supports adding validation drop-downs to cells programmatically.
- Reading large spreadsheets with LuceeThe Spreadsheet CFML library now supports reading large spreadsheets via streaming.
- Fixing problems using spreadsheet-CFML on LinuxOut of the box, some Linux builds are missing components needed to generate spreadsheets.
- The simplicity of chaining calls in Spreadsheet CFMLThe latest version of Spreadsheet CFML allows you to chain method calls for simpler, more expressive code.
- Lucee Spreadsheet is now Spreadsheet CFMLThe library has long supported Adobe ColdFusion but the new renamed version makes clear it supports ACF as well as Lucee.
- Defining Application mappings using relative paths in LuceeLucee allows you to simplifiy mapping definitions in Application.cfc by using relative paths. But sticking to absolute paths may be more reliable.