As Simple As Possible, As Complex As Necessary is a blog focused on exploring the balance between simplicity and complexity, in particular as it relates to the development of web systems with CFML.
- Getting started with Elasticsearch using Lucee Part 2A basic introduction to querying an Elasticsearch index using Lucee CFML
- Getting started with Elasticsearch using Lucee Part 1A basic introduction to setting up an Elasticsearch index using Lucee CFML
- Replacing Query-of-Query in Lucee with simpler, faster alternativesQuery-of-Query seems useful because the SQL syntax is familiar. But it's known to be slow, and there are better alternatives.
- CFML: Sorting an array of objects by a specific propertyHow to take an array of CFML objects and sort it by a specific property of the object
- Lucee 5: simpler queryparam syntax for SQL IN conditionsIn Lucee 5 you can directly pass an array of values as a SQL query parameter
- Lucee 5: application defined mailserversLucee now allows mailservers to be defined in Application.cfc
- Lucee 5: simpler access to environment variablesLucee now has a built-in way of accessing environment variables
- The simplicity of "upward" relative component paths in LuceeLucee allows you to instantiate cfcs above the current location without a mapping
- Revised CFML client library for the GoCardless Direct Debit APIAnnouncing a revised CFML client library for interacting with the GoCardless Pro Direct Debit API
- Preventing invalid cookie errors being logged when making Lucee http callsHow to stop your Lucee/Tomcat logs filling up with "invalid cookie header" entries from http calls